Management aims and structure
Hampton & Kempton Waterworks Railway Ltd
- Registered as a company limited by guarantee No 8428399 on 4th March 2013.
- Board consists of 6 members all of whom are members of the MWBRS and 2 of whom are Trustees of the Kempton Great Engines Trust.
- To register as a charity.
- Responsible for overseeing restoration and operation of the Hampton & Kempton Rly.
- Administer construction, operations and H&S policy through the MWBRS.
- Co-operate with Kempton Great Engines Trust to provide a combined visitor attraction with the Kempton Steam Museum.
- Will hold lease from Thames Water for railway territory.
- Hold infrastructure assets.
- Issue loan agreements for operation of privately owned rolling stock etc.
- Organise fund raising and management of grants and income.
- Registered for V.A.T.
- President (non-executive).
- Directors (currently six, one of whom acts as Chairman and one as Company Secretary).
- No company members other than Directors.
- Directors appointed by the board.
Metropolitan Water Board Railway Society
- Constituted as society of supporters and volunteers on 15th April 2004.
- Controlled by committee of a president and ten members elected at its Annual General Meeting.
- Committed to support and implement the aims of the H&KWR.
- Responsible for organising the volunteer’s effort, welfare and training.
- Implement the H&KWR safety policy through an elected safety officer.
- Facilitate volunteer recruitment and engagement with visitors.
- Vice Chairman
- Hon. Treasurer
- Hon. Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Safety Officer
- Four other elected members