The mission of Hampton & Kempton Waterworks Railway Company (a Company Limited by Guarantee No. 08428299) is:
- To restore the narrow-gauge railway originally created by the former Metropolitan Water Board to connect the Hampton and Kempton waterworks pumping stations.
- To conduct and develop the business in a way that will safeguard the railway as a valued recreational amenity for the foreseeable future.
- To co-operate with the Kempton Great Engines Trust (Kempton Steam Museum) to provide a combined visitor attraction on the shared site.
- To work with the Metropolitan Water Board Society of volunteers to build and operate the railway as a not-for-profit visitor attraction.
- To ensure that operations are conducted in a safe, responsible way.
- To organise training so that volunteers may develop a wide range of technical skills for the mutual benefit of both the Railway and themselves.
- To encourage local people to participate in and to support the endeavour.
- To co-operate with Thames Water conservators, historical societies and schools to develop educational opportunities.